This award is presented to talented young artists in the fields of fine arts, music, drama, dance, photography, and film. The award is especially intended to encourage individuals who contribute to international cultural collaboration.
Each winner will be awarded a cash prize of $5,000. In addition, the Awards Committee may designate a Grand Prize winner who receives an additional $5,000 and will be eligible for a S&R sponsored event showcasing the winner’s talents, such as a concert hall debut, gallery showing, or screening (depending on the artist’s medium and career goals).
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant may not be enrolled either part-time, full-time, or finishing work in a degree-granting program.
- Applicant must not have received an advanced level of recognition in his or her artistic discipline.
- Applicant must have documented proof of having performed or exhibited during the past year.
- Aplicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from recognized authorities or professionals in the applicant’s discipline. The recommendations must be uploaded with the application package.
- Applications must be received by October 5, 2017. All applications must include the following:
- A completed application form.
- The applicant’s biography and photograph.
- A sample photograph, recording, upload or video tape of the applicant’s work.
(See application information and submission requirements)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from recognized authorities or
professionals in the applicant’s discipline.
- The required Artist Statement.
S&R Washington Award Committee will not return entry materials nor assume responsibility for material submitted.