By signing below, I agree to comply with the S&R Washington Award Terms and Conditions. I understand that failure to comply fully with the Terms and Conditions will result in forfeiture of any benefit, monetary or otherwise, associated with being an S&R Washington Award Applicant (hereinafter, “Applicant”), including being selected as an S&R Washington Award Winner.
- In General. The S&R Washington Award Application Form and the Terms and deadlines for the S&R Washington Award posted on the S&R Foundation website form part of these terms and conditions.
- Right to Amend. S&R Foundation reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions for the S&R Washington Award or cancel the Award at its sole discretion.
- Decisions are Final. The decision of S&R Foundation is final and no correspondence or other review will be entered into regarding its decision.
- Management Agreement. An Applicant cannot be under any management agreement. In addition, an Applicant who receives an S&R Washington Award agrees that he or she will not enter into a management agreement before the December of the second year following the year of the Applicant’s application. For example, if an Applicant submits an application on or before October 5, 2017, the Applicant agrees that he or she will not enter into a management agreement until after December 2019. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, an Applicant may enter into a management agreement with the consent of S&R Foundation if the management agreement clearly states that its terms and conditions do not apply to any activity sponsored or paid for by S&R Foundation. Such activities shall include, but not be limited to, performances, exhibits, recordings (audio only or audio and visual), use of Applicant’s image, use of images of works created by Applicant, interviews with the media, and public appearances by Applicant).
- Visas. Visas, when required, are the responsibility of the Applicant. S&R Foundation, although willing to provide any information related to the S&R Washington Award that an Applicant needs, is not responsible for obtaining any visas an Applicant may need to enter the United States of America. An Applicant’s failure to obtain a visa in time to comply with these terms and conditions will not excuse the Applicant’s failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Proper Attire for Awards Ceremony and Performances. S&R Washington Award Winners attending S&R Foundation sponsored events must were professional attire. Men must wear a business suit and tie or a sports coat and tie. Women must wear a cocktail dress or business suit. Any male S&R Washington Award Winner giving a musical performance must wear a tuxedo and any female must wear an evening gown.
- Awards Ceremony. The S&R Washington Awards ceremony is generally scheduled in mid to late spring in the Washington, D.C. area. S&R Foundation will notify S&R Washington Award Winner the date of the ceremony as soon as it is finalized, and S&R Washington Award Winner is requested to reserve these four (4) days until such notice. Attendance for the entire event is mandatory for any S&R Washington Award Winner. No Award or Award money will be given to any Winner who fails to attend the entire event.
S&R Washington Award Winners may be given an opportunity to speak or perform at the Awards Ceremony. S&R Foundation will set the amount of time each Winner may speak or perform, and the Winners must strictly comply with the time allotments.
- Tax Documents. Winners must provide S&R Foundation with a completed IRS Form W‐9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, or W8‐BEN before receiving any Award money. The Foundation may be required to withhold tax from the Award money of any Winner who does not provide a completed Form W-9 or W8‐BEN.
- Publicity and Promotion. For marketing purposes, S&R Washington Award Winners must supply an updated photo of himself or herself and biography prior to the Award Ceremony.
S&R Washington Award Winners agree to comply with any reasonable request by S&R Foundation to take part in publicity and promotional activities surrounding the S&R Washington Award.
- Report. S&R Washington Award Winners must submit a written report to S&R Foundation by December of the year following the year in which an the Award is received describing how he or she used the Award to advance the mission of S&R Foundation through his or her fine art, music, drama, dance, photography, or film.
Please note that the S&R Washington Award Committee will not return entry materials nor assume responsibility for material submitted.